CALM+ can monitor staff movements outside using GPS tracking and indoors using Bluetooth beacons. Movement of personnel shows in on screen on schematics.
- Internal and external location monitoring of staff
- Real-time reporting on an on-screen schematic
- Automatic functions when entering zone
- Reporting and audit functions
How it works indoors
Bluetooth location beacons automatically record staff movements
- Battery operated or mains powered
- Minimal installation, no external wiring
- Can be sealed for outdoor use
- Wireless programming
Information presented on schematics
- On receipt of an alarm, the screen automatically centres on the radio user
- Unlike GPS tracking, which provides a location in 2D, Bluetooth provides a 3D location, so for example in a shopping centre you can locate not only which area, but also which floor the radio user is on. A summary tab shows all radio users status
How it works outdoors
- Staff movements are monitored using GPS
- GPS is automatically disabled within the Bluetooth area and resumes when leaving. Personnel can be monitored indoors and outdoors on the same system
- Information is presented on maps
- No permanent internet connection needed
What’s the benefit?
- Real time monitoring of staff movements
- Reduces time taken to report an incident
- Historic proof of staff locations if required
Read our Thames Water case study, which demonstrates the use of location monitoring for health and safety.
Guard Tour offers a cost-effective alternative to GPS and Bluetooth monitoring.